Re: PG94RC1- plv8 functions - problem with input parameter length

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: PG94RC1- plv8 functions - problem with input parameter length
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/28/2014 07:56 AM, Misa Simic wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have found a strange problem with plv8 functions in PG94RC1
>
> PG 9.3 works fine.
>
> in PG94RC1 in plv8 functions regardless what function does i.e.nothing
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test.test_text_length_plv8(in_param1 text)
> RETURNS text
> AS
> $BODY$
> return 'OK'
> $BODY$ LANGUAGE plv8;
>
> if length of in_param1 is higher then (or equal to) 200 characters
> connection just brake... current connection and it brakes - other
> connections as well... Not sure what it does - but all sessions just
> says server disconnected and we need and can reconect again....
>
> ie.
> SELECT test.test_text_length_plv8('aaaa') works fine
>
> SELECT

test.test_text_length_plv8('aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa')

> exactly 200 chars - just brake conncetion witout any message...but in
> separate session when we run next command it says:
>
> WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
> DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back
> the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
> abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
> HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
> repeat your command.
>
> We have tested using pgadmin and psql...
>
> Versions:
> PostgreSQL 9.4rc1 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Ubuntu
> 4.9.1-16ubuntu6) 4.9.1, 64-bit
> plv8: 1.5.0-dev1
>
> The same version of plv8 on PG9.3 - works fine without problems...
>
> Any suggestions?

Have you tried this with another language, say plpgsql, to see if this a
generic problem or specific to plV8?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: David Johnston
Сообщение: Re: Converting xml to table with optional elements
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: PG94RC1- plv8 functions - problem with input parameter length