Re: better architecture?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: better architecture?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/19/2014 05:58 PM, zach cruise wrote:
> i need some advice:
>
> 1. for our small business, i have a master (dev) - slave (prod) setup.
> i develop using the master. i get data from other people's dev
> (mssql) databases. i also get data from their prod (mssql) databases. i
> replicate everything on slave.
>
> apps using the master can connect only to dev databases, and apps using
> the slave can connect only to prod databases. so when it's time to go
> from dev to prod, i simply change that connection. no restart.
>
> comments?

Yes I am confused.

What replication method are you using?
The built in methods, Slony. Bucardo, etc?

The production users cannot enter or update records?

If you have replication set up master -> slave, how can there be a
difference between the two?

Not sure where the mssql databases into this?

> 2. what happens if master-slave are rebooted at different times?
>
> 3. i also need to auto-promote slave to master if master fails (without
> using repmgr or postgres-r or even postgres-xl). how?

Answers for 2 & 3 are dependent on answers to the above questions.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Modeling Friendship Relationships
Сообщение: Re: Modeling Friendship Relationships