Re: Add shutdown_at_recovery_target option to recovery.conf

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: Add shutdown_at_recovery_target option to recovery.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 19/11/14 16:47, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 19 November 2014 13:13, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>
>> Also, for the Shutdown itself, why are we not using
>>     kill(PostmasterPid, SIGINT)?
>
> Done
>
> Other plan is to throw a FATAL message.
>
>> That gives a clean, fast shutdown rather than what looks like a crash.
>
> I've also changed the location of where we do
> RECOVERY_TARGET_ACTION_SHUTDOWN, so its in the same place as where we
> pause.

Another problem with how you did these two changes is that if you just
pause when you send kill then during clean shutdown the recovery will be
resumed and will finish renaming the recovery.conf to recovery.done,
bumping timeline etc, and we don't want that since that prevents
resuming recovery in the future.

Services