Re: Two instances of Postgres with single data directory

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Two instances of Postgres with single data directory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/14/2014 2:24 AM, Albe Laurenz wrote:
dineshkaarthick wrote:
> I would like to know how is the "Shared Disk Failover" replication achieved
> if it is not possible to share the data directory ? I am referring to the
> 1st solution in the mentioned link,
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/different-replication-solutions.html
You have some cluster software that makes dead sure that one node is *not*
running the database server before starting it on the other.

more specifically, that the data volume isn't even MOUNTED by the other server.   typically this is enforced with hardware 'fencing' such that the standby server is blocked from even trying to mount the shared volume, until it decides to take over, then it fences the original 'master', unfences itself, and mounts the volume, then starts its copy of postgresql.    this fencing is often done in a storage switch (fiberchannel most commonly).

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: NEW in after insert trugger contained incorrect data
От: Jonathan Vanasco
Сообщение: pg_upgrade and ubuntu