Re: Preserving data after updates

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Preserving data after updates
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Berend Tober <btober@seaworthysys.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmm, it shouldn't do that ... and in a quick test here I couldn't
>> reproduce any such bug.  What version of pg_dump are you using?

> Sorry I failed to specify. Production version is 7.3.1 (change is
> hard!), although I origianally worked out the implementation on version
> 8. I bet that is the problem.

The case I tested seems to work in 7.3 as well:

CREATE TABLE person (last_name varchar(24),
  first_name varchar(24),
 CONSTRAINT person_name_check CHECK (((last_name IS NOT NULL) OR
(first_name IS NOT NULL))));

CREATE TABLE person_change_history(
    action VARCHAR(6),
    update_date TIMESTAMP NOT NULL DEFAULT NOW(),
    update_user NAME NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_USER
    ) INHERITS (person);

pg_dump puts the CONSTRAINT only on person, as it should.  I'm testing
7.3.10 but I don't see any changes in the 7.3 CVS log that look related.
Can you put together a reproducible test case?