Re: group locking: incomplete patch, just for discussion

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: group locking: incomplete patch, just for discussion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/28/14, 3:48 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> Given your description of pg_background it looks an awful lot like
> infrastructure to make Autonomous Transactions work, but it doesn't
> even do that. I guess it could do in a very small additional patch, so
> maybe it is useful for something.

What do you see as being missing for autonomous transactios?

BTW, what I think would make this feature VERY useful is if it provided the ability to fire something up in another
backendand leave it running in the background. I think you can do that with FDW, but then you have the authentication
PITAto deal with (and perhaps pg_background is a more efficient way to move data between backends than FDW, but that's
justa guess...)