Re: No high resolution support in Windows

От
Тема Re: No high resolution support in Windows
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
BTW, i found another related bug:

If you resize a row manually, then you try to zoom in/out using the mouse wheel, the text size changes, but the row height no longer changes.

I think that is because the default value for the resizeExistingRows parameter of the SetDefaultRowSize method is “false”, and once you make a manual change the defaults no longer apply automatically.

Attached a new version of my patch, that attempts to fix that too.

Sent from Windows Mail

From: Vladimir Nicolici
Sent: ‎Saturday‎, ‎25‎ ‎October‎, ‎2014 ‎16‎:‎54
To: Guillaume Lelarge
Cc: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org

Found the reason the “Edit” grid looks better, rows have 2 more pixels.

in frmEditGrid.cpp:

#ifdef __WXMSW__
 sqlGrid->SetDefaultRowSize(sqlGrid->GetDefaultRowSize() + 2, true);
#endif

The commit comment is:

commit ec4098968604f0acd3ef34fad56afb63b9add062

Author: Steffen Kuhn <pg@kuhnsteffen.de> 2010-09-02 19:15:35

Committer: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> 2010-09-02 19:18:03

Fix an issue when editing date value in frmEditGrid

There was a bug which makes the date value invisible. Adding two pixels to the

height of the widget fixes that.

Patch from Steffen Kuhn.

A quick and safe fix would be to move that code to ctlSqlGrid.cpp, after the “ SetDefaultRowSize(fntCells.GetPointSize() * 2);” lines in both the constructor and the OnMouseWheel method, making the frmEditGrid and frmQuery grids look the same.

The only potentially negative side effect is that, depending on the font settings, about 10% less rows will fit on the screen in the query result.

BTW, nice undocumented feature, being able to zoom in/out with [Control] + [Mouse Wheel]. Not that I would read the documentation anyway. Funny that I discovered that reading the source code. This shows the truth of Robert C. Martin’s quote: “Truth can only be found in one place: the code.”

Probably it would be better to have zoom in/out buttons on the toolbar, with a hover tooltip “you can also use control+mouse wheel to zoom” to make it more discoverable. But I digress.

Another issue is that the code for mouse wheel zoom doesn’t to take into account those additional 2 pixels for edit grids, and after scrolling in/out those two pixels are lost, so the edit grid looks just as bad as the SQL results grid, and probably the bug fixed by that patch resurfaces. Moving that code as I recommended will also fix this.

Digging some more and playing with the zoom in/out feature, I noticed that the row labels are not affected by this issue, and look fine for both query grids and edit grids, at all zoom levels.

Looking at the wxwidgets source code, the default cell alignment is:

    m_defaultCellAttr->SetAlignment(wxALIGN_LEFT, wxALIGN_TOP);

and the default row label alignment is:

    m_rowLabelVertAlign  = wxALIGN_CENTRE;

This seems to fix the issue for the row labels.

So, in addition to moving that code, I think this should be added:

SetDefaultCellAlignment(wxALIGN_LEFT, wxALIGN_CENTER);

under

 SetColLabelAlignment(wxALIGN_LEFT, wxALIGN_CENTER);

in ctlSqlGrid.cpp . Maybe enclosed in a #ifdef __WXMSW__, if you don’t want this on other operating systems, although it should be fine.

Also, since we’re here, the column headers are affected by the same issue, and need about 4 more pixels for the two rows, something like this:

#ifdef __WXMSW__
 SetDefaultRowSize(GetDefaultRowSize() + 2);
 SetColLabelSize(GetColLabelSize() + 4);
#endif

Anyway, I attached a patch.

While I tried to be very careful and I’m quite confident it will work and fix the issues, it’s not tested in any way, it may not even compile, since I usually work with Java and I don’t have a C++ development environment.

Sent from Windows Mail