Re: Stored procedure large parameter list

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Stored procedure large parameter list
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 25/10/2014 02:46, inspector morse wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We have a postgresql database that is using stored procedures
> exclusively to communicate with the web application. The stored
> procedures often have upto 50 input/output parameters! We're using the
> latest version of pgadmin3 in Debian Stable (1.14.2-2)
>
> Anytime we try to edit the stored procedure parameters, the parameter
> list appears horizontally in pgadmin3.
> It doesn't matter if we vertically align them, the next time we edit
> it...the parameters are all horizontally aligned. We cannot see all of
> the parameters without scrolling horizontally...which really decreases
> our productivity.
>
> Is it possible to keep the formatting for the stored procedure OR at the
> very least make it vertically aligned?

This is something I've often wished for also.... I sometimes have to
deal with large lists of parameters to functions.

What would be nice would be to have an extra node, listing parameters,
appear in the tree view below the function.

My C++ is limited, and I don't know WxWidgets at all, so I'm not in a
position to offer to help... but I'd be happy to test if such a feature
were ever implemented.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland