Re: pg_background (and more parallelism infrastructure patches)

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: pg_background (and more parallelism infrastructure patches)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/24/14, 2:23 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On the serialization structure itself, should we be worried about a mismatch between available GUCs on the sender vs
thereceiver? Presumably if the sender outputs a GUC that the receiver doesn't know about we'll get an error, but what
ifthe sender didn't include something? Maybe not an issue today, but could this cause problems down the road if we
wantedto use the serialized data some other way? But maybe I'm just being paranoid. :)

I just realized there's a bigger problem there; this isn't portable against any changes to any of the binary elements.

So I guess it's really a question of would we ever want this to function (as-is) cross-version.

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: pg_background (and more parallelism infrastructure patches)
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}