How ugly would this be? (ALTER DATABASE)

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема How ugly would this be? (ALTER DATABASE)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

One of the things we run into quite a bit is customers who are using
multiple databases when they should be using multiple schemas. I am sure
other consultants run into this as well. This gets even more difficult
as uptime requirements have become all but 100%. So my question is, what
would this take?

ALTER DATABASE foo LOCATION DATABASE bar SCHEMA baz?

Where if we execute that command, database foo would move to schema baz
within database bar?

I am fully aware of what it takes on the client side but structurally
within postgres what would it take? Is it even reasonable?

JD
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc
"If we send our children to Caesar for their education, we should             not be surprised when they come back as
Romans."