Re: beta time

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: beta time
Дата
Re: beta time  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> I was waiting on feedback on two issues before committing:

> 1. '{{"1 2" x},{3}}'
> 2. '{{},{}}'

> My patch would generate an ERROR for either. Tom, you questioned my
> disallowing of both of these, but didn't seem to have a very strong
> opinion.

I don't have any great love for the first item --- I think it was an
unintended consequence of the way the code was first written, rather
than something the author meant to support.

I'm more concerned about what the second should mean, but I do have to
concede that we'd likely want to appropriate this syntax to mean NULL
array entries as soon as we support NULL array entries.  So rejecting it
at the moment may be a forward-looking thing to do.

> BTW, when is the planned cutoff for commits to get into the beta?

The plan was to wrap beta1 sometime tomorrow ... I'd guess that
"sometime" will end up being in the afternoon east coast time, but
this largely depends on the libpgport breakage ...