Re: BUG: *FF WALs under 9.2 (WAS: .ready files appearing on slaves)

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: BUG: *FF WALs under 9.2 (WAS: .ready files appearing on slaves)
Дата
Re: BUG: *FF WALs under 9.2 (WAS: .ready files appearing on slaves)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/23/2014 01:25 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <
> hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/23/2014 08:59 AM, Fujii Masao wrote:
>> Sounds reasonable, for back-branches. Although I'm still worried we might
>> miss some corner-case unless we go with a more wholesale solution.
>>

> Don't really want to be the intruder here, but isn't that the simple patch
> attached?

That's not right. Should check *after* the write if the segment was
completed, and close it if so. Like the attached.

> There is still a small window between XLogWalRcvFlush and
> XLogArchiveForceDone in XLogWalRcvWrite if the standby crashes exactly
> between them.

Yeah. I think we can live with that.

- Heikki

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: BUG: *FF WALs under 9.2 (WAS: .ready files appearing on slaves)
Сообщение: Re: BUG: *FF WALs under 9.2 (WAS: .ready files appearing on slaves)