Re: Yosemite (OSX 10.0) problems with Postgresql

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Yosemite (OSX 10.0) problems with Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/21/2014 10:49 PM, TigerNassau wrote:
> If of any help I will be upgrading
> From maverick to yosemite but its only dev machine with small databases

Are you using the PostgreSQL bundled by Apple though, or one you
installed yourself?

If you're using the Apple-bundled one, make VERY sure to back everything
up carefully with pg_dump before upgrading. Then tell me how it goes.

If you're using one you installed separately, it'd be handy if you could
create a database with a few trivial tables in the Apple-provided
PostgreSQL before the upgrade, then see if you can find any trace of
them after the upgrade. I believe that the Apple-provided one only
starts up by default if you've installed Server.app, but I'm not certain
of that and - again - can't easily verify it.