Re: Trailing comma support in SELECT statements

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Trailing comma support in SELECT statements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/17/14, 11:19 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Oct 17, 2014, at 3:18 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, exactly.  Personally I'm *not* for this, but if we do it we should
>> do it consistently: every comma-separated list in the SQL syntax should
>> work the same.
>
> PL/pgSQL, too, I presume.

Yes.

The only case I can think of where we wouldn't want this is COPY.

BTW, this should also apply to delimiters other than commas; for example, some geometry types use ; as a delimiter
betweenpoints.

I do think such a change should be made in stages, and maybe not every last one makes it into 9.5, but the intention
shouldcertainly be that we support extra delimiters *everywhere*.