Re: copy from stdin limits

От Camm Maguire
Тема Re: copy from stdin limits
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings, and thank you for your reply.

OK, I have 4 tables, and a view on a merge of the 4.  I have a trigger
on insert into table 3, and a trigger on insert into the view, which
basically just takes the input data, does a few selects on the tables,
and inserts the appropriate portions of the data into each table as
necessary.

When I copy up to ~ 1000 lines of a file into this view, everything
goes fine.  More than that, and after a while, cpu activity stops,
disk activity stops, and the job hangs indefinitely.  Control-C gives
the later message "You have to get out of copy state yourself".  I can
provide the schema if needed.

Thanks for your help!

--
Camm Maguire                             camm@enhanced.com