Re: PostgreSQL server won't start, corrupt?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: PostgreSQL server won't start, corrupt?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/09/2014 03:00 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 10/9/2014 2:50 PM, Rob Flemming wrote:
>>
>> I'd also note that I was unable to fix the file with Notepad++ because
>> I was saving it with
>> "Encoding > Encode in UTF-8"
>> rather than
>> ">Encode in UTF-8 without BOM"
>> The "BOM" was the bit causing the trouble at the start of the file.
>
> sigh.   postgres should probably be tolerant of said silliness.  of
> course, a BOM in a UTF8 file is nonsense.

For the reasons why this not so, see:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/44D5F0D7-6179-4D72-8AE9-595D33416048@nasby.net

and further back:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20091020143811.379B.52131E4D@oss.ntt.co.jp

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL server won't start, corrupt?
От: Nick Barnes
Сообщение: FK check implementation