Re: PENDING_LIST_CLEANUP_SIZE - maximum size of GIN pending list Re: HEAD seems to generate larger WAL regarding GIN index

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: PENDING_LIST_CLEANUP_SIZE - maximum size of GIN pending list Re: HEAD seems to generate larger WAL regarding GIN index
Дата
Ответ на Re: PENDING_LIST_CLEANUP_SIZE - maximum size of GIN pending list Re: HEAD seems to generate larger WAL regarding GIN index  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
(2014/10/08 22:51), Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Etsuro Fujita
> <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

>> OK, I'd vote for your idea of having both the GUC and the reloption. So, I
>> think the patch needs to be updated.  Fujii-san, what plan do you have about
>> the patch?

> Please see the attached patch. In this patch, I introduced the GUC parameter,
> pending_list_cleanup_size. I chose 4MB as the default value of the parameter.
> But do you have any better idea about that default value?

It seems reasonable to me that the GUC has the same default value as
work_mem.  So, +1 for the default value of 4MB.

> BTW, I moved the CommitFest entry of this patch to next CF 2014-10.

OK, I'll review the patch in the CF.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita