Re: psql connection issue

От Stephen Davies
Тема Re: psql connection issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The permissions on the socket are 777 owner/group postgres.

I installed the 9.3 onto the Centos 7 server using the repo at postgresql.org.

(http://yum.postgresql.org/9.3/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch)

There is no /var/run/postgresql and find cannot find another socket anywhere else.

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen

On 08/10/14 14:32, Tom Lane wrote:
> Stephen Davies <sdavies@sdc.com.au> writes:
>> I am in the process of migrating a bunch of databases and associated CGI
>> scripts from 9.1.4 to 9.3 (and from 32-bit to 64-bit).
>
>> The database migration has been successful but I have an issue with psql
>> connections from CGI scripts.
>
>> I can connect to the 9.3 server locally with psql from the command line, with
>> psql from other boxes on the LAN via TCP, via JDBC from programs and servlets
>> but cannot connect locally via CGI.
>
>> If I run any of the CGI scripts from the command line they work but when
>> invoked by Apache, they fail with the usual question as to whether anything is
>> listening on socket /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.
>
> Some Linux variants think it improves security to run daemons like apache
> in a context where what the daemon sees as /tmp has been mapped somewhere
> else.
>
> If you're running one of these platforms, the Postgres server and libpq
> distributed by the vendor will have been hacked to cope, typically by
> agreeing that the socket location is something like /var/run/postgresql/
> rather than /tmp.  I'm guessing your 9.3 installation was self-built
> and hasn't been configured that way.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Stephen Davies Consulting P/L                             Phone: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                                Mobile:040 304 0583
Records & Collections Management.