psql connection issue

От Stephen Davies
Тема psql connection issue
Дата
Re: psql connection issue  (Ian Barwick <ian@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I am in the process of migrating a bunch of databases and associated CGI
scripts from 9.1.4 to 9.3 (and from 32-bit to 64-bit).

The database migration has been successful but I have an issue with psql
connections from CGI scripts.

I can connect to the 9.3 server locally with psql from the command line, with
psql from other boxes on the LAN via TCP, via JDBC from programs and servlets
but cannot connect locally via CGI.

If I run any of the CGI scripts from the command line they work but when
invoked by Apache, they fail with the usual question as to whether anything is
listening on socket /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.

Running netstat -an shows:
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5432            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 :::5432                 :::*                    LISTEN
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     29773945 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     30139402 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

which I believe confirms that the socket is there and is used by local command
line psql connections.

Why would CGI connections fail?

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen
Stephen Davies Consulting P/L                             Phone: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                                Mobile:040 304 0583
Records & Collections Management.