Re: Compiling PostgreSQL for WIndows with 16kb blocksize

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Compiling PostgreSQL for WIndows with 16kb blocksize
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Yannick Collette <yannickcollette@gmail.com> writes:
> For test purposes I need to compile PostgreSQL 14.1 using a 16kb blocksize.

> CFLAGS="-D WINVER=0x0600 -D _WIN32_WINNT=0x0600" LIBS="-ladvapi32"
>  ./configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-blocksize=16
> --with-wal-blocksize=16 --with-openssl --with-libxml
> --prefix=/c/postgresql/pg14/ 2>&1 | tee configure.log

I don't know anything about the Windows-specific details here,
but the --with-blocksize option looks fine, and it works for me:

regression=# show block_size;
 block_size
------------
 16384
(1 row)

(Worth noting here is that a lot of our regression tests fail
at non-default blocksizes, because plans change, or rows no
longer need toasting, or the like.)

> Unfortunately my blocksize is still 8kb when checking in DB.
> postgres=# show block_size;
>  block_size
>  8192
> (1 row)

I think you must be connecting to the wrong server.

Сообщение: Re: slowest tap tests - split or accelerate?
Сообщение: Re: slowest tap tests - split or accelerate?