Re: Proposal for better support of time-varying timezone abbreviations

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Proposal for better support of time-varying timezone abbreviations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/6/14, 6:19 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
> FWIW, I agree for timestamptz, but I do wish we had a timestamp datatype that stored the exact timezone in effect
whenthe data was entered. That can really, REALLY save your rear if you screw up either timezone in postgresql.conf, or
theserver's timezone. The part that seems hard (at least to me) is the question of how to actually store the timezone,
becauseI don't think storing the text string "America/Central" is going to cut it. :/

For the archives... there's an extension that does what I'd been talking about: http://pgxn.org/dist/timestampandtz/.

От: Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Сообщение: Re: pgaudit - an auditing extension for PostgreSQL
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: OCLASS_ROWSECURITY oversights, and other kvetching