Re: Processor usage/tuning question

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Processor usage/tuning question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/3/14, 2:24 PM, Israel Brewster wrote:
> I have a Postgresql 9.3.5 server running on CentOS 6.5. In looking at some stats today, I saw that it was handling
about4-5 transactions/second (according to the SELECT sum(xact_commit+xact_rollback) FROM pg_stat_database; query), and
aninstance of the postmaster process was consistently showing 40%-80% utilization to handle this.
Are you sure it's the actual postmaster doing that and not just another backend? There's fairly little that the
postmasteritself is responsible for, other than spawning new backend connections. If it really is the postmaster, the
firstthing I'd check is if you've got something that's spamming the database with new connection requests.

--
Jim Nasby, Data Architect, Blue Treble

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: faster way to calculate top "tags" for a "resource" based on a column
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: question