Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Dan Kaminsky" <dan@doxpara.com> writes:
> Clearly, this is handling self-signed certs.  Great.  But what I really want
> to know is, is verify_peer accepting a self-signed identity assertion?
> Because that'd be remote EoP.

I'm just guessing what you're driving at (unexplained acronyms aren't
a good way to communicate), but I think it's not a big problem.  PG
doesn't rely on SSL for authentication, only for communications
security, so whether the remote cert is self-signed doesn't seem
like much of an issue.  Anyway, you can adjust your list of trusted
CAs to determine whether you'll accept it or not.