Remote Connection to server: Connection Refused

От Kavitha Parvataneni
Тема Remote Connection to server: Connection Refused
Дата
Re: Remote Connection to server: Connection Refused  (Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net>)
Список pgsql-novice

I am using Postgresql 8.4 on Ubunut 10.04

I am having trouble connecting a remote client to the Postgresql server running on the Ubuntu 10.04 machine. I don’t have a problem opening a client connection on the host machine.

I did the following changes :

In Postgresql.conf file :

listen_address = ‘*’

In pg_hba.conf file:

local  all   all                           md5

host   all   all      0.0.0.0/0        md5

I restarted the server after making these changes

 sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.4 restart

The remote client and  the host(postgresql server) are on the same network . I can ping each other and they are communicating.

I checked if the server is running using the command from the terminal

sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.4 status

I got the following response:

Running clusters: 8.4/main

Please help me. What am I doing wrong?