ODBC + Access not working for Foreign Table (FDW)

От Cedric Berger
Тема ODBC + Access not working for Foreign Table (FDW)
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hello,

Having just tested my first FDW, I tried to access my foreign
tables with MS Access 2000 using the latest MS ODBC driver.

Unfortunately, I just found that foreign tables are not listed
when you do " Get External Data => Link Tables": Only Views
and Regular tables are shown.

I could workaround the problem by defining a view:

   CREATE VIEW workaround AS SELECT * FROM foreign_table.

But it sucks, and I don't know if there are performance drops
going through a view like that.

I glanced at the ODBC sources, and my guess is that inside
info.c, lines like:

     strcat(tables_query, " where relkind in ('r', 'v')");

should be modified to add the 'f' type.

Is that correct?
Could someone have a look at that?

right now, I can test a MSI, but I've never compiled ODBC myself.

Cedric