Re: Getting my Database name in a C Extension

От Cedric Berger
Тема Re: Getting my Database name in a C Extension
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/10/14 18:13, Tom Lane wrote:

> Cedric Berger <cedric@precidata.com> writes:
>
>> 1) What is the easiest way to get that directly in C?
>
> The usual locution is "get_database_name(MyDatabaseId)".

Ok, but then how do I find "MyDatabaseId" in, say,
a BeginForeignScan() or GetForeignRelSize() FDW callback?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/fdw-callbacks.html

Sorry for these beginner's questions, but I've trouble navigating
the documentation / source / examples for this kind of info.

PS: is "which see for additional details" really good English
in the fdw-callbacks.html documentation?

>> 2) Is there a way to get this information in the SQL extension
>> installation/update scripts (like the @/extschema/@ substitution)?
>
> Nope.  Doesn't seem to me like a remarkably good idea to refer to it
> in that sort of way anyway.  What would happen if someone renamed
> the database after the extension is installed?

Ok,
Make sense,

Thanks
Cedric