Re: Time measurement format - more human readable

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: Time measurement format - more human readable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Please don't top post, initial context is important, especially Tom's!  :-)
(see my reply below)

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/datatype-datetime.html#INTERVAL-STYLE-OUTPUT-TABLE
>>> He's talking about psql's \timing...
>> Indeed.  Still, it seems like this has more downside than upside.
>> It seems likely to break some peoples' scripts, and where exactly
>> is the groundswell of complaint that the existing format is
>> unreadable?  TBH, I've not heard even one complaint about that
>> before today.  On the other hand, the number of complaints we will
>> get if we change the format is likely to be more than zero.
>>
>>             regards, tom lane

As a user, your suggestion is fine by me.

Cheers,
Gavin

От: Christoph Berg
Сообщение: libpq-dev: pg_config_manual.h redefines CACHE_LINE_SIZE
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: libpq-dev: pg_config_manual.h redefines CACHE_LINE_SIZE