Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}
Дата
Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/30/2014 11:20 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>> > For example, this patch for UPSERT doesn't support updatable views.
>> > But I can't see anyone that didn't read the patch would know that.
> By reading the CREATE VIEW docs. Maybe there could stand to be a
> compatibility note in the main INSERT command, but I didn't want to do
> that as long as things were up in the air. It might be the case that
> we figure out good behavior for updatable views.

All of these things sound like good ideas for documentation
improvements, but hardly anything which should block the patch.  It has
documentation, more than we'd require for a lot of other patches, and
it's not like the 9.5 release is next month.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.