Re: open items for 9.4

От Gregory Smith
Тема Re: open items for 9.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/29/14, 2:30 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> > Can we explain those reasons in the form of documentation?
> Yes. Try and benchmark it. It'll be hardware and workload dependant.

I missed this whole thing, and eventually I have to circle back to it.
I could do it this week.  Could you (or someone else familiar with the
useful benchmarks) give me more detail on how to replicate one case
where things should improve?  I can do that, and I have a lab full of
hardware if it's easier to spot on one type of server. That exercise
will probably lead to a useful opinion on the feature in its final form,
any associated GUC, tunables, and necessary level of associated
documentation in a day or two.

This is a pretty low bar, right?  Examples and documentation sufficient
for just me to catch up is not asking for very much.  If it isn't
possible to do that in a very short period of time, it would not bode
well for broader consumption.

--
Greg Smith greg.smith@crunchydatasolutions.com
Chief PostgreSQL Evangelist - http://crunchydatasolutions.com/