Re: new tests post-feature freeze (was pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: new tests post-feature freeze (was pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> My suggestion is that, from this point forward, we add new tests to
> 9.6 only if they are closely related to a bug that is getting fixed or
> a feature that is new in 9.6.  I think that's a reasonable compromise,
> but what do others think?

Yeah, that's fair.  I suspect that Peter's unhappiness with these tests
is partly rooted in the fact that they're just generic pg_dump tests
and not connected to any new-in-9.6 behavior.  As such, it's not entirely
clear why we should be taking any stability risk by pushing them in
so late.  We seem to have gotten away with it this time --- but it would
only have taken one more problem to get me to switch my vote to "revert
them".