Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.

От Gregory Smith
Тема Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/26/14, 2:34 PM, David Johnston wrote:

> ​ I don't get where we "need" to do anything else besides that...the
> whole "actual min values" comment is unclear to me.

If you look at pg_settings, there is a minimum value exposed there as
min_val.  For some of these parameters, that number would normally be
1.  But since we have decided that 0 is a special flag value, min_val is
0 instead.

There are others where min_val is -1 for the same reason, where
functionally the minimum is really 0.  Some of us would like to see
min_val reflect the useful minimum, period, and move all these special
case ones out of there.  That is a multi-year battle to engage in
though, and there's little real value to the user community coming out
of it relative to that work scope.