Re: make pg_controldata accept "-D dirname"

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: make pg_controldata accept "-D dirname"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/24/2014 04:49 PM, Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:
> At 2014-09-24 09:25:12 -0400, tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us wrote:
>>
>> What's so hard about [ -D ] before the datadir argument?
>
> I'm sorry to have given you the impression that I objected to it because
> it was hard. Since I proposed the same thing a few lines after what you
> quoted, I guess I have to agree it's not hard.
>
> I think it's pointless, because if you're going to look at the usage
> message to begin with, why not do what it already says? But I don't
> care enough to argue about it any further.

There's also the reverse situation: you see that a script contains a
line like "pg_controldata -D foo". You're accustomed to doing just
"pg_controldata foo", and you wonder what the -D option does. So you
look it up in the docs or "pg_controldata --help".

- Heikki