Re: Where art thou, plpython2.dll? (EDB installer)

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Where art thou, plpython2.dll? (EDB installer)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/23/2014 11:05 AM, Nick Guenther wrote:

> Quoting Seref Arikan <serefarikan@gmail.com>:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I've had some issues with how the procedural languages are packaged in
>>> the Windows installer for a while, but I was very surprised to see that
>>> plpython2 appears to be entirely absent in 9.3.
>>>
>>> It doesn't seem to be provided via EDB's StackBuilder app either.
>>>
>>> What's going on? It looks like it was dropped in 9.1.
>>>

>> I've gone through the same journey myself. Tried to juggle dlls etc.[...]
>>

> I've struggled with plpython on OpenBSD 5.5-amd64 as well. Could it be
> related? Maybe the amount of dependencies python pulls in gets
> overwhelming and things break?
>

> $ psql -h localhost -d postgres
> psql (9.3.2)
> Type "help" for help.
> postgres=# create language plpython2u;
> ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/lib/postgresql/plpython2.so":
> dlopen (/usr/local/lib/postgresql/plpython2.so) failed: Cannot load
> specified object
> postgres=# create language plperl;
> CREATE LANGUAGE
> postgres=#

What user are you running as?

plpythonu is an untrusted language so it can only be installed by a
superuser.
Also languages are now extensions and should be installed using CREATE
EXTENSION:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/sql-createlanguage.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Where art thou, plpython2.dll? (EDB installer)
Сообщение: Re: Where art thou, plpython2.dll? (EDB installer)