Re: Commitfest status

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Commitfest status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/20/2014 06:54 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> CF3 is actually over for a couple of days,

There are different opinions on when a commitfest is "over". In my
opinion, the point of a commitfest is that every patch that someone
submits gets enough review so that the patch author knows what he needs
to do next. It's not determined by a date, but by progress.

> wouldn't it be better to
> bounce back patches marked as "waiting on author" and work on the rest
> needing review?

Yep, it's time to do that.

I have now marked those patches that have been in "Waiting on Author"
state, but have already been reviewed to some extent, as "Returned with
Feedback".

I kept a two patches:

* Flush buffers belonging to unlogged tables, and
* Function returning the timestamp of last transaction

The first one is a bug-fix, and the second one is stalled by a bug-fix
that hasn't been applied yet. We should deal with them ASAP.

There are still plenty of patches in "Needs review" state. We got below
20 at one point, but are back to 24 now. Reviewers: Please *review a
patch*! We need to get closure to every patch.

Patch authors: Nag the reviewer of your patch. If that doesn't help,
contact other people who you think would be qualified to review your
patch, and ask them nicely to review your patch.

- Heikki