Re: Installing Postgresql on Linux Friendlyarm

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Installing Postgresql on Linux Friendlyarm
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/22/2014 01:22 AM, Xiang Gan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm newbie here so I'm sorry if this is posted in wrong place.
>
> I tried to install Postgresql 9.2.9 on Linux Friendlyarm. The Postgresql
>
> was cross compiled (use arm-linux-gcc 4.4.3) successfully on my desktop
> Ubuntu. Then it was moved to
>
> Linux Friendlyarm environment. When I tried to start the Postgresql
> server, however,
>
> it gives me the following errors:
>
> LOG: could not create IPv4 socket: Permission denied
>
> WARNING: could not create listen socket for "127.0.0.1"
>
> FATAL: could not create any TCP/IP sockets
>
> The kernel info. of my Linux friendlyarm is as follows:
>
> Linux FriendlyARM 2.6.35.7-FriendlyARM #1 PREEMPT Thu Mar 1 17:38:57 HKT
> 2012 arm7l GNU/Linux.
>
> Anyone could provide some help about this?

The user you are running Postgres as does not the permissions to create
an IPv4 socket. I know nothing about Linux FriendlyArm, so I don't know
where to go from here. I would say ask the FriendlyArm forum, but I see
you have already done that.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com