Re: Strategy for moving a large DB to another machine with least possible down-time

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Strategy for moving a large DB to another machine with least possible down-time
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/21/2014 05:44 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> På søndag 21. september 2014 kl. 13:51:00, skrev Bill Moran
> <wmoran@potentialtech.com <mailto:wmoran@potentialtech.com>>:
>

> I see this limitation in Slyny:
> http://slony.info/documentation/2.2/limitations.html
>
> Slony-I does not automatically replicate
>
>   *
>
>     Changes to large objects (BLOBS)
>
>   *
>
>     Changes made by DDL commands
>
>   *
>
>     Changes to users and roles
>
> Not being able to replicate BLOBS is a show-stopper for me as we have
> lots of them.

Well I would say it depends on where you are storing the binary data, in
large objects or in a bytea column?  If you are using bytea columns then
you would be okay. If it is large objects then you have a problem.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Strategy for moving a large DB to another machine with least possible down-time
Сообщение: Re: Strategy for moving a large DB to another machine with least possible down-time