How to run a second instance on the same server?

От Andreas
Тема How to run a second instance on the same server?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I've got 2 hardware servers running PG 9.3.5 from the
postgres.org-repository. It's a Ubuntu server 12.x.

Box 2 replictes box 1. That works.

I'd like to use Box 2 as a Test- and Training installation as it is
probaply bored to death just mirroring Box 1.
AFAIK I can't just create an additional DB on Box 2 that doesn't exist
on Box 1, too.

How can I start a second PG server say on Port 5430?

It needs to
have an own data directory and config in /etc
and it needs to get started automagically at boot time.