Re: Anonymous code block with parameters

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Anonymous code block with parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/18/2014 01:29 PM, Vik Fearing wrote:
> On 09/18/2014 10:16 PM, Hannu Krosing wrote:
>>> WITH
>>>          FUNCTION f1(a int) RETURNS int AS $$ .. $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql,
>>>          FUNCTION f2(a int) RETURNS SETOF int AS $$ .. $$ LANGUAGE
>>> plpgsql,
>>>   SELECT f1(x) FROM f2(z) LATERAL ....
>>>
>>> We can generalize WITH clause, so there SEQENCES, VIEWS, .. can be
>>> defined for "single usage"
>> +2
>>
>> I just proposed the same thing in another branch of this discussion
>> before reading this :)
>>
>> I guess it proves (a little) that WITH is the right place to do these
>> kind of things ...
>
> I've been wanting this syntax for a few years now, so I certainly vote
> for it.

Just to clarify: I want the WITH syntax for different purposes.
However, I *also* want DO $$ ... $$ USING ( ).  Those are two separate,
different features with different use-cases.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Anonymous code block with parameters
Сообщение: Re: Anonymous code block with parameters