Re: Anonymous code block with parameters

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Anonymous code block with parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/18/2014 02:37 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> if we would to need a "single use" function, then we should to
> implement it, and we should not to rape some different objects. Some,
> what has behave like function should be function.
>
> After some thinking, probably CTE design can be only one frame, where
> we can do it
>
> WITH
>          FUNCTION f1(a int) RETURNS int AS $$ .. $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql,
>          FUNCTION f2(a int) RETURNS SETOF int AS $$ .. $$ LANGUAGE
> plpgsql,
>   SELECT f1(x) FROM f2(z) LATERAL ....
>
> We can generalize WITH clause, so there SEQENCES, VIEWS, .. can be
> defined for "single usage"
+2

I just proposed the same thing in another branch of this discussion
before reading this :)

I guess it proves (a little) that WITH is the right place to do these
kind of things ...

Cheers

--
Hannu Krosing
PostgreSQL Consultant

Сообщение: Re: Anonymous code block with parameters
Сообщение: Re: Anonymous code block with parameters