Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?

От cowwoc
Тема Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 18/09/2014 1:31 PM, John R Pierce [via PostgreSQL] wrote:
> On 9/18/2014 10:17 AM, Szymon Guz wrote:
> > Does it mean that there should be distributed many jvm.dlls for each
> > of the jvm versions?
>
> jvm.dll is part of the jre, its not a standalone library.

Right, so to recap: each platform will only need one jvm.dll/so library
(which you would update over time). You don't need to include one
version for Oracle JDK, OpenJDK, GCJ. You'd pick one, and bundle its
jvm.dll (I'd suggest going with Oracle's version since it has the best
stability/performance story). I don't believe there are any licensing
terms/requirements for private JREs beyond limiting which files you
redistribute, so from a licensing point of view I think the Postgresql
team would find it acceptable.

Gili

Сообщение: Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?
Сообщение: Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?