Re: I want the stupidest possible binary export

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: I want the stupidest possible binary export
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/18/2014 07:06 AM, David Rysdam wrote:
> I've got a some tables with bytea fields that I want to export only the
> binary data to files. (Each field has a gzipped data file.)
>
> I really want to avoid adding overhead to my project by writing a
> special program to do this, so I'm trying to do it from psql. Omitting
> the obvious switches for username, etc, here's what I'm doing:
>
>      psql -t -c "\copy (select mybinaryfield from mytable where key = 1) to
>      'file'"
>
> That works, but I get escaped bytes. I want actual binary directly out
> of the DB. Another option might be:
>
>      psql -t -c "\copy (select mybinaryfield from mytable where key = 1) to
>      'file'" with format binary

 From here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/app-psql.html

the above should be:

psql -t -c "\copy (select mybinaryfield from mytable where key = 1) to
     'file'" with binary

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Szymon Guz
Сообщение: Re: I want the stupidest possible binary export
Сообщение: Re: I want the stupidest possible binary export