Re: encoding confusion with \copy command

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: encoding confusion with \copy command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/17/2014 6:08 PM, John DeSoi wrote:
> On Sep 17, 2014, at 11:52 AM, Martin Waite<waite.134@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> >You are right that I need an intermediate step.  I will probably use a CSV parser that is liberal in what it
accepts,but writes out strict CSV data suitable for postgres.

> If you find such a utility, please share. My clients love Excel, but it takes perfectly valid CSV files and makes
themunreadable by Postgres. In particular, Excel saves rows with fewer columns than the header header row if the cells
areempty. It also mangles valid UTF-8. I often take Excel CSV files and re-save them from Open Office to fix them for
Postgresimport.

I've used the npgsql .net driver http://npgsql.projects.pgfoundry.org/
with excel... you can directly query tables into spreadsheets via the
'data' feature in excel.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: encoding confusion with \copy command
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?