Re: Windows exit code 128 ... it's baaack

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Windows exit code 128 ... it's baaack
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/07/2014 10:26 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2014-04-05 11:05:09 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>>> One interesting bit about this is that it seems to work in 9.3...
>> Well, yeah, it seems to have been broken somehow by the Windows
>> linking changes we did awhile back to try to ensure that missing
>> PGDLLIMPORT markers would be detected reliably.  Which we did not
>> back-patch.
> Hard to say since there's been no working builds for HEAD for so long on
> narwahl :(.

This issue has been hanging around for many months, possibly much longer
since the last successful build on narwhal was 2012-08-01 and then it
went quiet until 2014-02-03, when it came back with this error.

If we don't care to find a fix, I think we need to declare narwhal's
fairly ancient compiler out of support and decommission it. Other gcc
systems we have with more modern compilers are not getting this issue.

cheers

andrew