Re: Regarding timezone

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Regarding timezone
Дата
strange problem with not existing roles  ("ludwig@kni-online.de" <ludwig@kni-online.de>)
Список pgsql-general
On 09/16/2014 11:43 PM, Dev Kumkar wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Dev Kumkar <devdas.kumkar@gmail.com
> <mailto:devdas.kumkar@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Adrian Klaver
>     <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>> wrote:
>

>         What OS and what packaging?
>
>     For both windows-64-bit and Linux-64-bit.
>     PostgreSQL version - 9.3.4
>
>     I believe the file "pgsql/share/postgresql/timezone/Europe/Moscow"
>     will require changes.
>     As the above changes will then be reflected in the function
>     *pg_timezone_names()* which will modify the output as follows:
>
>     << "Europe/Moscow";"MSK";"04:00:00";f
>      >> "Europe/Moscow";"MSK";"03:00:00";f
>
>     Can I get a modified version of this file?
>
>     Regards...
>

> Any inputs?

Tom already answered this upstream:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4192.1410362010@sss.pgh.pa.us

It is possible that the binary package(s) you are using do not use the
Postgres built in timezone information. They can be compiled to use the
OS timezone database:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/install-procedure.html

--with-system-tzdata=DIRECTORY

     PostgreSQL includes its own time zone database, which it requires
for date and time operations. This time zone database is in fact
compatible with the "zoneinfo" time zone database provided by many
operating systems such as FreeBSD, Linux, and Solaris, so it would be
redundant to install it again. When this option is used, the
system-supplied time zone database in DIRECTORY is used instead of the
one included in the PostgreSQL source distribution. DIRECTORY must be
specified as an absolute path. /usr/share/zoneinfo is a likely directory
on some operating systems. Note that the installation routine will not
detect mismatching or erroneous time zone data. If you use this option,
you are advised to run the regression tests to verify that the time zone
data you have pointed to works correctly with PostgreSQL.

     This option is mainly aimed at binary package distributors who know
their target operating system well. The main advantage of using this
option is that the PostgreSQL package won't need to be upgraded whenever
any of the many local daylight-saving time rules change. Another
advantage is that PostgreSQL can be cross-compiled more
straightforwardly if the time zone database files do not need to be
built during the installation.

So you will need to determine what method you binaries use. If they are
using the system timezone data, you will need to update that.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com