Re: Triconsistent catalog declaration

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Triconsistent catalog declaration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/15/2014 08:56 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
>> That makes for a bit awkward input and output from psql, when the values
>> used are 0, 1, 2, rather than ascii characters. But that's OK, because as
>> you said these functions are not callable from psql anyway, as they have
>> "internal" arguments.
>
> Maybe we should change them to something a bit more understandable.

We can't change the return datatype to anything wider, or the values
from 0, 1, 2, because those values have been chosen so that they are
"compatible" with booleans. A boolean can be safely cast to a
GinTernaryValue. I'm not sure if we make use of that anywhere ATM, but
it's a useful property.

>> This requires a catalog change to fix. Are we still planning to do a
>> catversion bump for 9.4 because of the jsonb changes?
>
> That was my understanding, although we seem to be proceeding at an
> inexplicably glacial pace.

Ok, committed.

- Heikki