Re: jsonb format is pessimal for toast compression

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: jsonb format is pessimal for toast compression
Дата
Re: jsonb format is pessimal for toast compression  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/15/2014 10:23 AM, Claudio Freire wrote:
> Now, large small keys could be 200 or 2000, or even 20k. I'd guess
> several should be tested to find the shape of the curve.

Well, we know that it's not noticeable with 200, and that it is
noticeable with 100K.  It's only worth testing further if we think that
having more than 200 top-level keys in one JSONB value is going to be a
use case for more than 0.1% of our users.  I personally do not.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.