Re: jsonb contains behaviour weirdness

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: jsonb contains behaviour weirdness
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/12/2014 11:38 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> To be clear: I don't think that this example is messed up (in
> isolation). I think it's the correct behavior. What I find
> objectionable is the inconsistency. I believe that this is Alexander's
> concern too. Alexander's first example exhibits broken behavior.

Hmmm, oh.  Yeah, I see what you mean; PostgreSQL's SQL array behavior is
that @> is true if array A contains all of the elements of array B
regardless of ordering or repetition.

jsonic=# select array[1,2,2] @> array[1,1,2]

;?column?

That's consistent with our docs and past behavior.

However, this better become a FAQ item, because it's not necessarily the
behavior that folks used to JSON but not Postgres will expect.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.