Re: jsonb format is pessimal for toast compression

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: jsonb format is pessimal for toast compression
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/11/2014 06:56 PM, Arthur Silva wrote:

> In my testings with the github archive data the savings <->
> performance-penalty was fine, but I'm not confident in those results
> since there were only 8 top level keys.

Well, we did want to see that the patch doesn't create a regression with
data which doesn't fall into the problem case area, and your test did
that nicely.

> For comparison, some twitter api objects[1] have 30+ top level keys. If
> I have time in the next couple of days I'll conduct some testings with
> the public twitter fire-hose data.

Yah, if we have enough time for me to get the Mozilla Socorro test
environment working, I can also test with Mozilla crash data.  That has
some deep nesting and very large values.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.