Re: PostgreSQL Server Crash using plPHP or PL/Perl

От Agent M
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Server Crash using plPHP or PL/Perl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Are you certain that it is the trigger that is crashing the process? If
that is true, then there may be a bug in plperl.

To debug, you could use gdb, but try this first:
Use the strict pragma. To do this in plperl (instead of plperlu), use:
    BEGIN { strict->import(); }
    or set strict mode to on in postgresql.conf [I don't understand why
this isn't the default.]
    You will need to declare all your variables using my $var. [You are
already half-way there because you declare a lot of empty strings.]

You already pepper your code with elog(NOTICE,"") so you can tell us
how far the code gets right? You can use more elogs to hone in on the
line that crashes.

Are you aware that your code will be very costly to execute?