Re: pgcrypto: PGP armor headers

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: pgcrypto: PGP armor headers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/9/14 10:54 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> So I think this (and the corresponding dearmor code too) should be
> refactored to use a StringInfo that gets enlarged as needed, instead of
> hoping to guess the size correctly beforehand. To ease review, might
> make sense to do that as a separate patch over current sources, and the
> main patch on top of that.

Yeah, I thought the same thing while writing that code.  Thanks, I'll do
it that way.

> BTW, I'm surprised that there is no function to get all the armor
> headers. You can only probe for a particular one with pgp_armor_headder,
> but there is no way to list them all, if you don't know what you're
> looking for.

Right.  The assumption was that due to the nature of how the headers are
used, the user would always be looking for a certain, predetermined set
of values.  But I don't oppose to adding a pgp_armor_header_keys()
function to get the set of all keys, for example.

.marko